August 9, 2021
In preparation for the beginning of the school year, it is important that you look through this packet and fill out the required forms. New this year, the entire packet is electronic and any forms that need completed are included as links. Use the packet checklist at the end of this email to ensure that you have received all of the appropriate materials. Click on the appropriate links to get to the right forms. All of the information can also be found online at www.torahacademy.org/parent-page
We look forward to seeing your children and starting off the school year!
If you have any questions or trouble with links, contact Shari or Kaley.
Please familiarize yourself with all of the materials and fill out the required forms before the first day of school. This entire packet, forms and links can also be accessed on the Parent Portal on the school website at www.torahacademy.org/parent-page
Paper Calendars are available for pick up from the front desk at CTA. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like the Calendar sent home with the youngest child in your family on the first day of school.
Online Google calendar should be checked on a regular basis as it contains dates and events of various school functions. We encourage you to use and download the CTA Google Calendar to your own devices. It is available at www.torahacademy.org/ctacalendar At the bottom right of the Calendar, you will see the option to “Add to Google Calendar.” With a Gmail account, you will have all updates, changes and additions to CTA’s calendar on your phone or anywhere you login.
2. Emergency Card(s) and Updated Contact Form: It is very important that by the first day of school, every student has an Emergency Card on file and that we have the most updated contact information for parents and guardians. Form is completely online this year. Use this link to complete the form: https://forms.gle/aF5wvwuW5UmkNpVD7
3. 7th Grade Orientation: In preparation for the transition from Lower to Upper School, 7th grade students and their parents are invited to CTA for an orientation on Monday, August 23 at 2 pm. The orientation will take place in the library.
4. School Supplies and Lower School Supply Drop Off Day: Supply lists for students in Grades K-6 can be found online at www.torahacademy.org/school-supplies/. Students should bring supplies to Lower School Supply Drop Off Day on Monday, August 23 at 3 pm. Kindergarten supply fee can be sent in with your child on the first day of school or it will be added to your FACTS fee account. Supply lists for grades 7-12 will be given by individual teachers during the first few days of school. Be sure students in grades 7-12 bring a notebook and writing instrument for the first few days of school.
5. CTA Communications: The Weekly Communicator will be emailed every Friday with upcoming events, lunch menu, and important information. A monthly e-Dateline will highlight school happenings. If you prefer a hard copy for e-Dateline, please email Kaley Mizrachi at email@example.com There is no hard copy of The Weekly Communicator. Additional communications may come from teachers or administrators through Alma. If you need help with Alma, contact Mrs. Eisenberg, Mrs. Miller, or Mrs. Delman.
6. Parent Student Handbooks: Important information about school policies and procedures can be found in the updated Parent Student Handbooks will be posted on the CTA website by August 24 https://www.torahacademy.org/handbooks/ Please complete the read by form by September 1 to confirm you have read the Handbook. https://forms.gle/n3RgEkS3xx4CgoFe7
7. Medical Forms: State Law requires all students must have an up-to-date immunization and health history on file. Students who need medical administration orders including EpiPen and Inhaler permissions need to have those forms on file. All students need to have a parent authorization completed and signed by a physician for dispensing over the counter (OTC) medications and treatments. All forms and information can be found on the CTA Health Services page. If you have any questions, please contact the School Nurse at 614-864-0299 ext. 211. Forms can be found on the CTA Health Services website at www.torahacademy.org/health-services
8. Uniform Policy: The most updated Uniform Policy can be found on the CTA Website at https://www.torahacademy.org/parent-portal/uniform-policy/ . Parents are asked to make sure that their children follow the school’s uniform on a daily basis. Reminder: Logo items are available at www.landsend.com or items can be dropped off at the front desk to have logos applied at the cost of $7 per item. There is a deadline each month on the printed calendar. Logo applications take 2-3 weeks. Students are expected to be in school uniform beginning the first day of school.
Dress down days for Upper and Lower School have been added to the calendar for the 2021-2022 school year. If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Eisenberg (grades 7-12) or Mrs. Miller (grades K-6). Add a link
9. Transportation: All forms and information can be found at www.torahacademy.org/bustransportation/ If you have any questions, contact Kaley.
10. Student Schedules for Grades 7-12: Students can log into Alma beginning on Monday, August 16 to see class schedules. If you have questions or concerns or need help logging in, please contact Mrs. Delman in the guidance office.
11. Hot Lunch and High School Breakfast Program: Hot Lunch fees for complete lunches for students continues this year to be FREE due to federal programs. Additional items or partial meals will incur a charge. All of the Hot Lunch information can be found at www.torahacademy.org/food-services High School students can sign up for the High School Breakfast Program which is served every morning after davening. If your child would like to participate in this program, please send a check made out to CTA Hot Lunch for $126.00 /child in high school. If you prefer to pay through FACTS, please contact Karan Tanenbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org to have it arranged.
12. Tuition Payments: If you are making payments for your tuition over the school year then you must be signed up with FACTS. Payments will start in September and run through June 2022 for most families. Questions should be directed to email@example.com or call the school and ask for Norm at ext. 200.
13. Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) and Volunteers: The relationship between parents and school is a vital part of our school community. Please join the PTO. Membership includes a copy of the CTA PTO Parent Directory. We also encourage parents to volunteer. There are many opportunities from helping with lunches, planning activities and events and more. All information can be found at: https://www.torahacademy.org/pto/
14. Lower School Summer Reading & Math Challenges for 1st-6th graders: Students that completed the reading and math challenge for the summer should return their log to their teacher on the first day of school. Please make sure you have your child’s name and grade on the forms. All forms can be found at www.torahacademy.org/lower-school-summer-challenges
WHAT ARE YOUR NEXT STEPS?
Follow this checklist of links and forms to complete. If you have any questions, contact Shari or Kaley.
- Emergency Card(s) and Updated Contact Form: Please submit form for EVERY child. It is very important that this card is on file in the school office by the first day of school. Use this link to complete the form: https://forms.gle/aF5wvwuW5UmkNpVD
- Online Calendar: Add Google calendar to your devices. Access calendar at www.torahacademy.org/ctacalendar
- Email Kaley at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the following
- If you prefer a hard copy for e-Dateline
- If you want a paper calendar sent home on the first day of school with the youngest child in your family
- If you want to join PTO
- If you have questions about transportation
- If you have questions about Ohio EdChoice
- Medical Forms: Print and fill out forms on the CTA Health Services website at www.torahacademy.org/health-services
- High School Breakfast Program: If your child would like to participate in the High School Breakfast Program, please send a check made out to CTA Hot Lunch for $126.00 /child in high school. If you prefer to pay through FACTS, please email Karan Tanenbaum at email@example.com to have it arranged.
- Parent Student Handbook: Please read handbooks and sign the form letting us know you read it. Handbooks can be found at and form link is https://forms.gle/n3RgEkS3xx4CgoFe7
- Sign Up to Volunteer: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQBKYI5OpcG_1Fn05wiwgJ4ZWa0OeYYrzrKXfxX7tGj32_eQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
- Join PTO: Membership includes a copy of the CTA PTO Parent Directory. This form has membership forms as well as a volunteer sign up form: https://www.torahacademy.org/pto/
- Register Your 12th Grade Student for Driving Privileges: Parents of 12th graders need to sign up to give student driving permissions by completed this form at: https://rb.gy/iapkdu