Below is a letter emailed to parents at the end of the 2019-2020 school year.
June 12, 2020
What a year! Thank you all so much for your patience and partnership in bringing the last few months of the school year to a culmination! The end of the school year is always a busy and emotional time and this year it is heightened knowing that we haven’t been together in the building since March. There is important information in this letter about the end of this school year.
As I mentioned at our Town Hall meeting, our goal is to be open this Fall. I shared with you that I believe strongly that children have to be children in a natural learning environment. I have established a Building Health and Safety Council with the involvement of the Medical Advisory Committee and an Adaptive Learning Task Force which will help to develop protocols for the Fall. I, along with the principals, will be communicating with you throughout the summer as plans shape up for re-opening. Please feel free to reach out at any time with questions.
We very much want to hear from parents. Be on the lookout next week for a parent survey about the At Home Learning experience. I will also be establishing times the week of June 22 for individual parent meetings and hope for the opportunity to hear from you. Please look for that sign up next week as well.
REPORT CARDS: Final 2019-2020 report cards will be emailed home in addition to being posted to ALMA. If you did not receive the report card and do not see the final grades for the year posted on your child’s Alma page, it may mean that you have outstanding financial obligations or library/textbooks due. Families with outstanding school balances should contact Norm Leist at email@example.com. Families who need help navigating Alma should contact Eliza Delman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHOOL CALENDAR FOR 2020-2021: Plans are in place for a possible earlier first day of school start date this Fall. I expect to make that determination as soon as Governor DeWine’s school re-opening guidelines are shared with us.
TUITION FOR 2020-2021: Tuition Assistance determinations for the 2020-2021 will be emailed out before July 1. Families who elect to pay tuition in full must submit payment by August 1, 2020. Families who are paying in installments through FACTS will make their first payment in September.
SUMMER READING LISTS AND ASSIGNMENTS: See below for information specific to all grades.
- Lower School Summer Reading and Summer Math Challenges: Students entering 1st-6th grade can participate in summer challenges to prevent summer slide. Please see the letter and forms here.
- Lower School Suggested Reading Lists from the CTA Library are included in this packet for the grade you will be entering and online at https://www.torahacademy.org/lower-school-library-reading-lists
- Upper School Required Summer Reading and Assignments: There are required Summer Reading and Assignments for all students entering grades 7-12. They have been emailed home and are posted at torahacademy.org/upper-school-summer-assignments
- High School Community Service: All CTA High School students are required to fulfill 15 hours per year of community service. It is the hope of CTA that our students will learn to look for opportunities to help others and then follow through on offering their assistance. Students can get a head start during the summer. Details about the policy and forms to download can be found at https://www.torahacademy.org/high-school-community-service-form/
CTA UNIFORM: CTA’s Uniform Policy can be found at on the CTA website at https://www.torahacademy.org/parent-portal/uniform-policy/ There continues to be two ways to get logo shirts. Lands End has a selection of CTA uniform items. Please use the preferred school number when you shop. You can also bring approved shirts to CTA for logo application. Each logo is $7 paid to CTA. The summer deadline and locations for drop off for logo application is July 20. Watch for email reminders.
STUDENT SCHOOL SUPPLIES: School supply lists will be available in August.
BUS TRANSPORTATION: Information about Columbus buses and Bexley buses will be available later this summer.
UPDATED MEDICAL IMMUNIZATIONS: By law, every student must have an updated emergency contact form on file each school year. Those will be distributed in the back to school packet in August. Please submit an updated health history noting changes in your child’s health. Note that:
- As required by Ohio law, students will be excluded from school on the 15th day if immunization mandates are not met and forms are not on file.
- Incoming 7th grade and 12th grade students should pay special attention to current guidelines.
- All students should please submit an up-to-date immunization record.
Immunization guidelines and all forms are explained and available on the CTA Health Services web page along with other health related requirements and all forms which can also be accessed from the Parent Page on the CTA website.
SUMMER OFFICE HOURS: The school office will be closed during the month of July. If you need access to the building or have a pressing matter to discuss, please contact Norm Leist at email@example.com or 864-0299 ext. 200.
SUMMER CONTACT INFORMATION: If you have any questions or concerns over the summer, parents should contact Rabbi Drandoff, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org, Nicole Miller, Lower School Principal, at email@example.com, or Lou Staffilino, Upper School Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best wishes for a relaxing summer.
Rabbi Avrohom Drandoff
Head of School