The Big Ideas
Upper School students range in age from 12-18. Our policies and practices are guided by our commitment to help students make conscious decisions. We encourage our students to consider ideas, values and consequences as they make decisions. We set up guard rails so that they don’t get too far, but we believe that adolescents should have room to make mistakes and then reflect on lessons learned.
Also directed toward lives of meaning and success, all teachers are thoughtful about the skills of Speaking and Listening. No matter their future paths, effectively communicating with others is critical. Whether delivering a sound presentation or learning how to respectfully listen and disagree, Upper School students get meaningful practice in these skills.
CTA is a college prep high school, and all students are encouraged and prepared to further their education. As students get older, opportunities for deeper and more advanced study in the Sciences becomes available.
High school students are encouraged to consider a gap year in Israel after high school to deepen their Jewish literacy. For most of our population, this could be the only time in their lives they have the opportunity to delve into the theology and philosophy that has guided the Jewish people for over 5,000 years.
Upper School faculty are content experts. We aim to hire teachers with deep knowledge in their subject areas. No matter the curriculum, when it comes to inspiring students, we believe there is no replacement for a passionate, knowledgeable and understanding teacher . Our teachers enjoy collaborating together on specific projects or to discuss a common student who might require a concerted effort
Specifics and Logistics: The School Day
Junior High (Grades 7 & 8)
- School begins at 8:30am with the morning prayer service (Shacharit)
- Students have 8 periods/day (4 General Studies, 3 Judaic Studies, and 1 Hebrew Language)
- General Studies – English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Hebrew Language, Art (1x/week), Physical Education (2x/week), (all co-ed except for Phys Ed)
- Judaic Studies – Chumash (Bible), Gemara (Talmud), Jewish History and Nevi’im (Prophets) (Chumash and Gemara are single gender)
- Girls have the choice of Gemara or Dinim (Jewish Laws)
- Judaic Studies and Hebrew language classes are 7th/8th grade classes
- The change in class composition throughout the day provides some healthy and needed shift in class dynamics
High School (Grades 9-12)
- School begins at 7:30am with the morning prayer service (Shacharit)
- Students have 9 periods/day (5 General Studies, 3 Judaic Studies and 1 Hebrew Language)
- General Studies – English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Hebrew Language, Art, Gym, Film, Computers and Emerging Technologies, and other electives (all co-ed except for Phys Ed)
- Judaic Studies – Chumash (Bible), Gemara (Talmud), Jewish History, Tefilla, Nevi’im (Prophets), Ketuvim, Israel Advocacy, and Jewish Philosophy
- Judaic studies courses that are text/skills based are single gender (Chumash, Gemara, Advanced Navi, Ketuvim)
Specifics and Logistics: Co-Curricular Activities
- Athletics – Dependent upon enrollment, CTA strives to have 4 teams/season.
- Middle School Boys Soccer
- Middle School Girls Volleyball
- High School (Varsity) Boys Soccer
- High School (Varsity) Girls Volleyball
- Middle School Boys Basketball
- Middle School Girls Basketball
- High School (Varsity) Boys Basketball
- High School (Varsity) Girls Basketball
- Middle School Boys Baseball
- Middle School Girls Softball
- High School (Varsity) Boys Baseball
- High School (Varsity) Girls Softball
- Drama – Dependent upon student interest year-year, the Upper School produces a play
- Model United Nations – CTA trains and sends a delegation to Yeshiva University National Model United Nations (YUNMUN)
- Maker Clubs for Junior High and High School
Beyond Textbook Knowledge to Succeed
Growth Mindset – Definition
The Facilities Calendar shows internal use of public spaces and any daily activities that are outside of the normal daily class schedule. To schedule an event or reserve a room, click here or send an email of the event with date(s), time(s) and location to...
For the 2022-2023 school year It is important for CTA to know how your child is going home at the end of the day. Please fill one out for each of your children so that teachers have the correct information. Dismissal is at 4 p.m. on the first day of...
UPDATE: USE FORM BELOW IF YOU WANT TO ORDER PRINTS. RETURN COMPLETED FORM TO KALEY OR SHARI. YOU CAN USE THE PAYMENT LINK BELOW. FOR MULTIPLE PRINTS, PLEASE USE THE CUSTOM FIELD TO PUT IN THE CORRECT AMOUNT. FORM CAN ALSO BE PRINTED FROM HERE. School Picture Day...
Schedule a Tour
The best way to get to know CTA is through a private tour. Arrange a time to come and see our classes in action!